Color therapy, sometimes known as Color puncture is a holistic healing method that relies on various spectrums and frequencies of light to resolve energetic imbalances, many of which are the cause of pain and illness. Using a battery operated, stainless steel flashlight, the practitioner conducts light through handmade quartz glass rods on to specific points of the body.
Created by German scientist and naturopath, Peter Mandel, color therapy uses light to generate healing on a cellular level. To get an idea of how this therapy is used in modern-day therapy, consider the well-known Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Using full-spectrum light, practitioners have helped people with this condition restore and maintain a healthy mind and body.
(This is my instructor who I trained with. Although she is an acupuncturist, I use tuning forks to accomplish the same objective and it works very effectively).
It’s important to note that while its name includes the word “puncture”, the colorpuncture treatment modality does not include any puncturing of the body. It is completely non-invasive and safe for all ages.
Benefits may include:
- Healing of allergies and ear infections
- Eases headaches and migraines
- Reduction of respiratory and sinus problems
- Aids in addiction recovery
- Less swelling related to lymphatic problems/edema
- Eases pain from PMS and restores endocrine balance
- Strengthens immune system
- Reduces depression, stress, and anxiety
- Enhances learning capacity
- Supports and eases the birthing process
- Healing of childhood trauma
- Balancing of digestive system
- Improved circulation
- Reduction of acute and chronic pain
- Eases joint pain related to arthritis and rheumatism